The Lumberworx Story
Lumberworx was founded by Denis and Anne Morgan in late 2004 with the intention of providing a New Zealand made I-Beam to local merchants and distributors.
The story so far...
- December 2004 - Incorporated as Engineered I-Beams Ltd.
- February 2006 - Name change to Lumberworx Ltd with a view to expanding product range.
- March 2007 - BRANZ appraisal confirmation of the Lumberworx I-Beam 545/2007.
- September 2009 - Lumberworx granted a distributorship by Nelson Pine Industries for Laminated Veneer Lumber (LVL 13).
- October 2010 - Lumberworx expands by moving to larger premises at Yukon Place, Hornby, Christchurch.
- April 2011 - Lumberworx commences importing Glulam 17 (GL17c) from Warrnambool Timber Industries (WTI – Australia).
- July 2011 - Lumberworx introduces 90mm range of I-Beams to create more competition in the I-Beam market.
- March 2013 - Lumberworx opens distribution centre in Auckland
- January 2014 - Lumberworx re-engineers its two I-Beam series into one – the LIB88.
- May 2016 - Lumberworx adopts strand board web for the LIB; this results in improved properties and achieves an H1.2 I-Beam
- July 2016 - Lumberworx enters into distribution arrangement with The Lumberbank (Auckland) for the distribution of Lumberworx I-Beams, floor systems and roof systems in the North Island.
- August 2016 - Lumberworx consolidates its Auckland and Christchurch facilities into a single larger Christchurch warehouse at 9 Hickory Place, Islington Christchurch.
- November 2016 - Lumberworx is granted CodeMark AQ-011116 – CMNZ by AsureQuality for its H1.2 I-Beam.
- November 2016 - Lumberworx is granted CodeMark AQ – 021116 – CMNZ by AsureQuality for Louisiana Pacific SolidGuard Laminated Strand Lumber (LSL).
- January 2017 - Partnership with Masterspec.
- March 2017 - Imported initial containers of LSL from LP.
- May 2017 - Adopted Spanman by Spanware Pty Ltd as design tool.